Melchior FRANZ schrieb:
> * Georg Vollnhals -- Wednesday 14 June 2006 11:57:
>> Melchior FRANZ schrieb:
>>> * Georg Vollnhals -- Wednesday 14 June 2006 03:02:
>
>>> That's "translational lift".
>
>> No. Translational list is an additional lift component related to
>> helicopter speed against the air and will start at about 12 to 20 knts
>
> Pardon? You spoke about 100-120 knots. I said it's translational lift.
> You disgree because translational lift starts with 12 to 20 knots?!?
> Doesn't make the least sense.
>
> m.

Simply because it is established at low speed and will not *change*
anymore at high speed. Only at the transition phase [groundeffect] (up
to 5 knts) -> loosing lift until 12-20 knts -> [translational lift] you
will then have that heavy upwards with same powersetting, need to pitch
down and correct roll-tendency and some yaw effect (without changing
collective) due to increased tail-rotor efficiency (is also a rotor-disk
with tl-effect, only other angle than main rotor).
Georg