Josh Babcock wrote

> Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > Josh
> >

> >> What property can I increment to change the channel on the TACAN? I
> have
> >> a knob on a TACAN instrument that is supposed to either inc/dec the
> >> channel, or the x/y selector, depending on the position of another
> >> switch. I could do this by introducing another property and some nasal
> >> to translate between it and the three existing numeric properties, but
> >> this seems like a bit of a kludge.
> >>
> >  You need to set these properties for the individual channels:
> >
> > /instrumentation/tacan/frequencies/selected-channel[1]
> > /instrumentation/tacan/frequencies/selected-channel[2]
> > /instrumentation/tacan/frequencies/selected-channel[3}
> > /instrumentation/tacan/frequencies/selected-channel[4]
> >
> > Note that channel 1 is [1], not [0] as you might have guessed.
> >
> > Vivian
> >

> Yeah, but then I have to write nasal code. If the channel is 099X, there
> is nothing that I can increment to get the right answer. I need to test
> each digit and decide to increment, or zero and carry. It just seems a
> little odd, I would have expected one integer to hold the numbers, and
> one string to hold the X/Y part.
>
> Perhaps I will write some nasal code to live in controls.nas that
> translates between a single number in selected-channel[0] and 1-3. That
> way the existing behavior will be preserved, and there will also be a
> number that can be incremented or decremented between 0 and 126.

It was designed to work with the menu item in which each column is set
independently, and we need a string with which to search the TACAN channel/
frequency pairing database.

But I'm not sure what you are trying to. Others have created a TACAN control
panel, so there must be a way to do it. If you would explain in a bit more
detail ...

Vivian