David Luff wrote:

>Check out the KLN89B with:
>
>$ fgfs --aircraft=c172p-2dpanel --geometry=1024x768
>
>This is a panel-click only instrument - like the KAP140 it's not connected to
>the menu dialog.

This is a reply to note from March 14.  I finally got around to trying
the KLN89B and was able to make it work.  I tried to put it into the
pa24-250 similar to the way I added the navcom-kx155 and the adf-radio.
I added the following to the radio-panel.xml file (in ../pa24-250/Panel):

  <instrument include="../../Instruments/kln89.xml">
   <name>kln89</name>
   <x>256</x>
   <y>450</y>
   <w>576</w>
   <h>152</h>
  </instrument>

  <instrument include="../../Instruments/md41-52x-gps-annunciator.xml">
   <name>md41</name>
   <x>330</x>
   <y>1005</y>
   <w>550</w>
   <h>300</h>
  </instrument>

 <special-instrument>
   <name>KLN89 GPS</name>
   <x>200</x>
   <y>440</y>
   <w>512</w>
   <h>128</h>
  </special-instrument>

This actually worked but the data displayed by the special-instrument
does not seem to scale when I change <w> and <h> values.  I assume that
this is because the display is "hard coded pixels".  Is there any way to
get around this.  The display seems to be half the size relative to the
kln89 than would be appropriate.  By the way, if you add this to the
radio-panel.xml file, it will hide the dme which I moved to <y>295</y>
in my file.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dave Perry