On 7/27/06, Jon Stockill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So forget converting anything from their 3d warehouse - if you want to
> use a model you'll need to get it direct from the author.

There is one thing FG could learn from Google Earth's 3D Warehouse:The
GE Warehouse is linked to directly and prominently from the Google
Earth main page, while the link to FGFSDB is hidden somewhere in the
FG related websites list without any explanation of what it is about.
Users can easily miss it and if they miss it they cannot contribute.

So perhaps the FG main page should address user contributions, e.g. in
the Google Earth "common questions" format, like "How can I put my
house/school/home town into the FG terrain?"

Simply make it obvious how to create models for FG so that casual
users who may not have visited all related websites are not left out.

Martin