Hey Folks,

Okay, it looks like I just managed to accomplish a significant breaktrough in
AI traffic control for AIModels. I've set up a ground controller that
monitors each taxiing aircraft's position and slows down those that are
following too close. So far, I've only implimented a speed adjustment
command, for this, but I'm planning on adding a "Hold Position" command along
similar lines in the next few weeks.

Although it's pretty cool to see the controller work, the more significant
step forward, in my opinion, is that it turns out that the switching between
various ATC controllers fits in really smoothly with the AIModels /
TrafficManager auto flightplan generation code. I have some ideas on how to
set up the take off / approach (i.e. Tower) and climb / decent (i.e.
approach / departure) controllers, but I'll post some more ideas about that
later on.

As I'm tracking development of the AI system in screen shots, I've uploaded a
few new ones highlighting some of the bugs and features of the new system.
The latest additions to the gallery start here:

http://durktalsma.xs4all.nl/FlightGear/web/46.html

B.t.w., the new code will probably remain in testing for a few more days
before I'm committing it to CVS.

Cheers,
Durk