Hi Tim,

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 15:28, Tim Moore wrote:
> Chris Metzler wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:20:38 +0100
> >
> > Tim Moore wrote:
> >> Durk,
> >> Do you have any thoughts on representing some of the AI ground net
> >> features -- specifically parking spaces and hold points -- visually in
> >> the scene? Not to mention making intersection of taxiways a bit more
> >> attractive...
> >
> > Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?
> >
> > -c
>
> I'd like to see markings on the tarmac for aircraft parking, as well as
> the taxi centerlines that lead to them. I'd like to see runway
> hold-short points on the tarmac. I'd like to see taxiways and runways
> that have nice fillets where they intersect as well as proper
> intersecting centerlines.
>
> I'm not saying that this is all trivial :), but if there is going to be
> more information about the airport ground network available, it would be
> nice to draw a representation of it too.

This is something that would indeed be very nice to have in the long run, but
indeed as you suggested, this is not trivial. Currently this isn't possible
yet, because TaxiDraw (the program that creates the ground networks) doesn't
support the graphical representations you mention. David Luff, the main
author of taxidraw, has recently expressed his interest in upgrading taxidraw
to support the new airport layout file format of X-plane, which would be a
good first step in the right direction.

Cheers,
Durk