On Tuesday 21 November 2006 22:44, Georg Vollnhals wrote:
> I can only confirm the big fps improvement, with the OSG cvs compile of
> this evening I get (nearly) stable 85 fps at KSFO with the Cessna.
> This might say nothing to you, but the *very first* OSG compile started
> here with about 48 fps, one of my latest reports after first
> improvements was about 65 fps and *now* I get 85 fps - that is nearly
> doubled speed and very smooth!  And no fps reduce anymore when crossing
> KSFO terminal buildings east to west (west to east is another strange
> story, see "bad news".) Very good work, Mathias, thank you once again!
Ok. It settles down more slowly than I expected.
But it is getting better ...

> Then the BAD NEWS:
> 1. Strange behaviour:
> Crossing KSFO terminal buildings E -> W does not reduce framerate nor
> are any problems visible
> Crossing KSFO terminal buildings W -> E reduces framerate from 85 to 56,
> stuttering, then in most cases (several tests, reproducable!) FG crash!
> What is the reason for this (unlogic) behaviour?
> Can anyone else reproduce this?
> - Default Cessna 172p, default KSFO scenery. After takeoff do an
> immediate left-turn crossing that parked yellow-red 737, then a right
> turn in direction of the KSFO terminals, crossing them E -> W. (This
> should not do anything). After having passed the terminals fly until you
> can make a normal turn back  to the KSFO terminals, trying to cross them
> in W -> E direction. Watch your fps, any changes?. IF no crash occures
> pass the terminals and  do  this procedure 2 times again. IF you manage
> to fly further, you are lucky and we all have more knowledge.
Noted.

I am still not responding well to bug reports. Most of them are just secondary
effects of 'things not yet done right'. I spend more time improving the
ground than hunting bugs that will most likely disappear when we some cleanup
has happened.

Stay tuned ...

    Greetings

             Mathias