For FlightGear developers.

I think a good idea keep development discussions into mailing lists, because
this way is driven to developers only.
Maybe with a forum, questions with no relevance, help developers give no
focus to important development questions.

For end users

For end users, forum seems to be great and the easiest method to help find
information about flightgear.

For developer in general (using latest flightgear stable release to
interface it with own projects)

Forum is a good start and quoting myself experience. During all this year I
was working on a project using flightgear, but I did want only support to
questions not related to flightgear internal development and I did search
for a official forum, just to find simple questions about flightgear
interoperability. This could be easy to find on forum with a topic
"Flightgear interoperability".

Leidson Campos
PlanetaMessenger.org