On Thursday 07 December 2006 19:12, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I do no longer agree, and I stop committing to the PLIB branch.
> You, Mathias and I were the only ones committing to both branches.
> Everyone else only committed to HEAD, no? And now I will also
> only commit to HEAD. All my commits to HEAD work for PLIB, anyway,
> and I intend to keep it at that.

Just to clarify: I actually agree (quite strongly) that minimizing double
commits is a good thing. New features and new aircraft should probably just
go into HEAD, as that is the version that we want to push forward in the long
run.

If AI really remains the only change, your solution might be workable, but the
longer we keep a branched version, the more likely it becomes that there will
be more data restructuring. And then we might regret the decision to have
dumped the CVS PLIB base directory. So from that perspective, I'd still argue
to keep it for a while, albeit with minimum maintenance. ;-)

Cheers,
Durk