Hi syd,

syd schrieb am 09.12.2006 22:41:
> Hi,
> I see the collision as a feature , whats wrong with being
> realistic... ?

same for me. But first we need to get rid of the runway cows and need a
solution for multiplayer. As multiplayer gets more and more popular, the
probability to crash directly after starting with default location
increases dramatically. (I had this several times, and the number of
users online was always < 10)
> Another feature that would be nice would be a scenery texture
> detection system ....
> Land on forested area, city,etc,  should cause a crash ...

Why directly a crash? Different consistence would be ok. I would place a
veto if the heli crashes when landed in a city. And the AN-2 is capable
to land on "normally unsafe" ground.
> Water and ocean should cause a crash unless your flying an amphibian...
> Farms , grass ,tundra should be safe ....

Farms should cause much higher friction.
> As it is now , I get careless because I know if I miss a runway or
> runout of fuel, I can just taxi back to it (through the forest)...
> Fuel system , that another one .Im attempting to change the fuel system
> at my end so I can only fuel up when parked .... none of this changing
> fuel level during flight (though the current system is good
> for weight /balance testing)
> if I knew landing in unsafe areas could be hazardous , I would
> be paying a lot more attention! This isn't a game to me , so the more
> realism the better....
> Cheers,
> Syd

Maik