Hi Martin
Have you been able to compile the simgear/props directory with the Sun
Studio 11 compilers ?
I am getting the static class member initialized twice error in
props.cxx "SGRawValue<>::DefaultValue is initialized twice" for all
the types explicitly defined.

Do you know the fix for this or is this a bug with the Sun compilers
and will I have to locate a patch ?  Apparently in some really old SUn
compilers this was a bug.

Also have you tried compiling Simgear with -xO4 option ? lots of
linking errors occur. Right now running configure has set the compile
options by default to "-g" which is debug mode. I have not tried
explicitly using -xO2, but i will try that when i can get simgear to
build with -g first.

Regards,
Vikas