Hello all,

I'm trying to get my FDM to work with FlightGear.

My FDM runs in Linux and sends packets to FlightGear using UDP.
Everything works fine when FlightGear runs in Windows on another machine
in my network.

What I cannot do is get things to work when FlightGear is running under
Linux and on the same machine as the FDM. What happens is that my FDM
correctly sends the packets to the loopback interface and specified
port, as reported by a packet sniffer, but FlightGear does not react.

Possibly relevant information follows:

Linux: SUSE 9.3
FlightGear version: 0.9.3-91
Ports tried: 5500, 12204, 7789
Example FlightGear parameters: fgfs --native=socket,in,30,,7789,udp
--fdm=external
(also tried --native-fdm instead of --native)

Relevant FlightGear console output:
    Parse I/O channel request: native,socket,in,30,,7789,udp
      protocol = native
      medium = socket
      direction = in
      hertz = 30
      hostname =
      port = 7789
      style = udp

Thanks,
Antonio Almeida

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged
material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a
named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or
otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify
the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or
without errors as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message
that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy
version if verification is required. Critical Software, SA.