1) Did you know that there are 8 different BRAVO intersections
  in the database?

  Until now there was no support in the code for this;  all but
  one of the entries was thrown away at the lowest level. There
  was a comment in the code saying that fixing this was on the
  TODO list.

  Well, now it's fixed.  The low-level database code keeps all the
  information around.  This applies to named waypoints -- also
  called "fixes" in the code -- including intersections.

2) As for navaids (as opposed to waypoints) the low-level code
  already provided support for ambiguous IDs, but the information
  was not being used very wisely by the higher layers.

3) I patched a bunch of the .cxx and .hxx files so that they
  now provide the following feature:  If you ask for a navaid
  or waypoint by ID, and the ID is ambiguous, you will get the
  one /nearest/ to your present position.

  This is part of my ongoing campaign to make the location-in-air
  popup work properly.

  BTW, on initial startup, when specifying your very first
  position, you will get the navaid or waypoint closest to KSFO.

The diffs can be found at
  http://www.av8n.com/fly/fgfs/nearest-fix.diff

(diffs against tonight's cvs version).

Comments, anyone?