* Maik Justus -- Friday 09 February 2007:
> the path-cache of sim/flight-gear is not designed for removing nodes.

Indeed. The possibility to remove nodes was a rather late and never
finished feature. And this feature was hardly used for a long time
(if at all). I started to use it to remove joystick driver information,
then modelmgr nodes, and now it's used in several places. This warning
message in props.cxx has always made me a bit nervous:   :-)

   _path_cache->erase(node->getName()); // EMH - TODO: Take "index" into
account!

> The enclosed patch corrects this. It's the same patch I posted earlier,
> but reviewed/overhauled by Melchior (Thanks!).

Yes, and in my opinion it is done right and I can confirm that it fixes
the false-reference-to-erased-node bug, and I'm convinced that it
fixes the ignores-index bug, too. I'd like Erik and Fred to have a look
at it, but if there are no objections, then I will commit at weekend.
I'll have it applied all the time and will watch out for any problems.
(There were none so far.)

m.