Holger Wirtz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am (___very___) proud to present fg_sqawk-0.2beta. This is a
> "simple" prototype package for realtime voice communication for
> FlightGear based on VoIP (Asterisk and IAX2).
>
> You only need to make slightly changes to Flightgear. See the INSTALL
> file inside the distribution. I hope the package will not make much
> problems.
>
> NOTE: This is a prototype... not everything might be work as it should
> be. Give it a try and I will see what I can do for the next releases.
>
> If you have questions or want to help fix problems with this package
> please don't hesitate to contact me!
>
> http://squonk.abacab.org/dokuwiki/fg_sqawk
>
> There is still much to do:
> - eleminating the conference-call messages
> - the PTT-Key "y" is transmitted via the external protocol only every
>   second, which is much to long for realtime conversation
> - Equalizer, that makes real radio sound (perhabs some noise in
>   background :-) )
> - ATC radio (with simple radar screen)
> - ...

I've just been trying to get this running, but have run into a few
problems. iaxcli seems to be linked against a shared libgsm, I've
tracked down libgsm and the currently distributed source only builds
static libraries, not shared. Do you have a definitive list of the
dependencies? It looks like an extremely useful piece of software, and
I'd love to help test it.

Jon