Hi Pep.

Regarding your second problem:

You said you're using Fedora 6. This OS has iptables (firewall) started
when the system boots, by default. Maybe iptables is the reason you're
not able to connect to your sever. In order to solve you can:

- Deactivate iptables: "service iptables stop"
OR
- Open the right port in the firewall. To do this, add the following
rule in /etc/sysconfig/iptables
    -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp --dport 5400 -j ACCEPT
PS: Please, check the right chain name
    Then "service iptables restart"