Hi Syd,

thanks for the answer,

Am Samstag, den 17.03.2007, 08:25 -0700 schrieb syd&sandy:
> Hi Detlef,
> > I tried to place the beaver in water on startup, but it just sits on
> > it's wheels and the property browser reports for all gears
> > ground-is-solid true, which it isn't. I can take off on the wheels, but
> > that is not how it is supposed to be. How can I resolve this?
> >

> How are you placing it on water ?

I specified it in fgrun "Initial position"

>  From the command line , from the menu ... ?
> I may have to modify the nasal script , it starts on water if you select
> KSFO at startup, does that work for you ?
> Syd

Yes it works, and it works within the vicinity of every airport, but
once I place the aircraft far away (or fly far away), there is "solid"
water. It appears as if the ground properties get lost when I'm far from
any airport.
I don't think it is specific to the Beaver, the Albatros I'm working on
suffers the same Problem. (Take off from water near airport, fly a
hundred miles - crash on "solid" water).

Greetings

Detlef