Olaf Flebbe wrote:

>I did the materials approach because I didn't want to harm older graphic
>cards too much. But since most of the posters like to have a global
>control I see no point in applying it only to certain materials for now.
>
>Right now I am hacking the Rendering Options panel.
>
>Olaf

In fgIdleFunction(), this line
        glTexEnvf( GL_TEXTURE_FILTER_CONTROL_EXT,
GL_TEXTURE_LOD_BIAS_EXT, -0.5 ) ;
should be disabled when we use anisotropic filtering (because it becomes
useless and because in all cases
it ruins the mipmaping of buildings walls).

Also since the anisotropic filter parameter must be applied to each
textures (and it's hard to do that
if we don't have a list of existing textures), you can rememder the user
that the option will only be
applied on the next launch of FG.

Harald.