Simulador wrote:

>Hi Stewart,
>
>I am sorry for the delay, I posted this email 2 weeks ago and I thought
>I had answered you.
>
>I am working on a Full Flight Simulator that was manufactured in 1976,
>it is a Boeing 707-341.
>
>The HOST computer was a R2000, it was a 24 bit machine with 64 K words
>of memory. We did replace the R2000 computer for a LINUX based PC with a
>emulator.
>
>The Visual System is a NOVOVEW 2500, it was developed by Evans and
>Sutherland, and the computer is a Texas Instrument TI980 computer ( 16
>bit x 16 K words).
>
>I was testing  FLIGHT GEAR as a VISUAL SYSTEM replacement for this
>simulator, but I should have control over the exterior AIRCRAFT LIGHTS.
>
>Is there any plans to develop this functionality to Flight Gear on a
>short term?
>
>Please take a look at http://707simulator.multiply.com
>
>Regards,
>
>Carlos
>
>Stewart Andreason wrote:

I can not talk for the others but I won't work on that for the plib
version (ie on a short term).
The osg implementation is done in a few hours with multutexturing with a
cube map and a two pass rendering.
And then a preliminary work is to spatialize the scene graph so that the
second render pass is only done
around the spot light to minimize the hit on fps.

Harald.