> Hi all,
>
> I recently noticed that the F80C has a tendency to flip upside
> down on the
> runway and then keep rolling along upside down hanging from its wheels.
>
> This diff adds contact points at the wingtip fuel tanks and at the nose
> and tail. I also moved the visual reference point 185" back to match the
> origo of the 3d-model file. I think that was better than changing the
> offset of the 3d-model since the aircraft following views in FlightGear
> centers on the VRP.
>
> NOTE: The F80C FDM does not document where the origo of the structural
>         frame is, so I assumed that it was at the nose (which seems to
>         agree well with the position of the landing gears).

We ought to mention where our structural frame origin is per aircraft model.

Also, the problem with the aircraft flipping is probably due to landing gear
specification. It has nothing to do with the visual reference point, of
course. I thought I had checked this model out once in JSBSim by itself, and
it seemed fine. Maybe I am recalling wrong. I'll try to take another look.
Where did this one come from - Dave Culp's Hangar?

Jon