On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 22:30 +0200, Joacim Persson wrote:
> So how about a default logic of enabling real-weather-fetch automatically if
> --multiplay is used, unless an explicit --disable-real-weather-fetch is
> set?

(..)

> Maybe a few other reality options should be maintained in MP mode too,
> like --timeofday=real, --time-match-real? ...disabling the "pause" and
> "speedup" functions perhaps?

My flightgear time is generally limited to after work during the week,
so forcing--timeofday=real means I'd always have to fly at night in the
KSFO area, or anywhere else in the US for that matter.

I was going to agree with real-world weather, but what if conditions in
the area I want to fly in are IFR and I want/need to fly VFR?  Do I
cancel my flightgear time and play sudoko instead?  or just forgo the
pleasure of watching others fly as I fly, too?

I can't find a valid reason to allow "speedup" however realworld
sometimes intrudes into my flightgear session and I am forced to "pause"
briefly to attend to an issue.  Are you suggestion disappearing pilots
would be better than "paused" pilots?

Thanks,

Ron