From: Ron Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My flightgear time is generally limited to after work during the week,
so forcing--timeofday=real means I'd always have to fly at night in the
KSFO area, or anywhere else in the US for that matter.

So why not go fly on a different continent ... ?

I was going to agree with real-world weather, but what if conditions in
the area I want to fly in are IFR and I want/need to fly VFR?  Do I
cancel my flightgear time and play sudoko instead?  or just forgo the
pleasure of watching others fly as I fly, too?

I suppose the correct thing is to have each MP server specify some mandatory
(and prohibited) commandline options as part of the protocol.

I can't find a valid reason to allow "speedup" however realworld
sometimes intrudes into my flightgear session and I am forced to "pause"
briefly to attend to an issue.  Are you suggestion disappearing pilots
would be better than "paused" pilots?

I'd prefer to have the pause keystroke to usually get redefined during MP.
It runs a script that basically reprograms the autopilot to fly a one minute
hold pattern at the current altitude and inbound on the current heading to
the location where the key was pressed.  That lets you recover the flight
and continue at any time thereafter, subject to multiples of four minutes
and onboard fuel.  This is what you might do in real life, if forced to
leave the cockpit.  And you're also subject to suitable sarcasm from other
pilots if you hit that key after the FAF instead of simply telling the
autopilot to miss.  8-)