While YASim is a very good fdm, imo (and I've done a few in my time), it isn't
suited to accurately portraying a glider because the 'cruise' definitions
don't apply.  The cruise section assumes level flight and needs to know the
power required to maintain that level flight for it to work correctly.

Doing a powered glider in YASim would be fine, provided that the propeller
isn't retracted when not in use (I believe some motor-gliders are able to do
this) because the drag etc. effects from the prop will also be taken into
consideration by YASim.

Apart from the heli developments, there has been no hint of YASim being
adapted to work with unpowered or tailless/elevatorless aircraft so it looks
like you'll either have to use JSBSim or UIUC if you want any real accuracy
for these types of aircraft.

LeeE