Am Samstag 07 Juli 2007 09:41 schrieb Vivian Meazza:
> OK so it's 2 features, not 1 bug - excellent. I also noted that the route
> taken from parking to active runway seemed a bit odd, but then I compared
> our taxiways to those on Google Earth - we seem to have bits missing
> alongside 28L, which explains that. Not good for our default airport
> though.

The route finding is extremely simple. It just calculates the shortest way
between 2 points (in terms of travel distance) of the ground network. The
ground network is a directed graph though. Probably there are some
invisible "one-ways" in it.

It might be possible to make the way finding more clever (e.g. penalize runway
crossings etc.), but this would need a more sophisticated groundnet, with
more node types (i.e. holding positions) than now. Which might be a good idea
anyway.

Thomas
--
PhD Student, Dept. Animal Physiology, HU Berlin
Tel +49 30 2093 6173, Fax +49 30 2093 6375