On 07/10/2007 03:24 PM, Maik Justus wrote:
> John Denker schrieb am 10.07.2007 21:05:
>> Committed to the _Sport Model_.
>>

> ???
> as as I read the cvslogs, it was already committed to cvs.

The two commits happened within a few minutes of each other.
Such things are bound to happen from time to time, even when
people are doing their best to communicate and cooperate.

> Don't you
> think, that mixing your patches partially with patches already in cvs
> would make it harder to port any of your patches back to cvs?

Have you observed that to be a problem?  I haven't.  Not yet, anyway.

Note the contrast:
 -- "Patch on top of different patch" will always be a problem.
 -- "Patch on top of exact same patch" isn't a problem.
     It just gets ignored.