On Mon 16 July 2007 16:16, AnMaster wrote:
> Curtis Olson wrote:
SNIP
> > Note that this utility does have many limitation at the moment ... it
> > only spits out one square for one texture per model.  The output model is
> > flat, so you have to manually figure out an altitude that floats it a
> > meter or two
> > above the default terrain.  It's not a perfect solution, but might be
> > useful
> > for some situations.
> >
> > I have found it handy to spiff up my local R/C flying site scenery for
> > replaying flights in my instrumented R/C airplane:
> >
> > http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTkJYaiVxtA
> >
> > All those nice mowed fields around our airstrip have been planted with
> > corn this year and it's now about 8' high ... sob ... :-(
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Curt.
>
> So not useful for terrain like mountains? :-(
>
> Other than that this sounds very nice.
>
> Regards,
> AnMaster

Thanks, Curt

Nice work, that tool will be very helpful.

Oh, yes AnMaster, i am pretty sure it could be  used for mountains, look at
that specific  model "Tour du Ventoux"  ( which is close to my home  :)  )
http://fgfsdb.stockill.org/modeledit.php?id=317

I have redrawn  a 3D .ac  model which include the shape of the top, with road
it comes over the existing  scenery.
The work was not easy.

I guess that with the Curt's tool it would have been easier

Cheers
--
GĂ©rard