Anders Gidenstam schrieb:
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, Hans Fugal wrote:
>
>> That's because there is no custom comparison predicate for comparing
>> bucket*. vector<bucket*> is just a list of pointers, and so uses the
>> sort order for pointers. You'd have to set up an STL functor to sort
>> them, which is ugly and difficult (but certainly doable). If sorting
>> is unnecessary it's a better way to go, obviously. :-)
>
> Yep, that's what I figured out eventually. I think it is safer to keep
> the
> sorting for now - in case e.g. the user changes the layer elevations
> using the property browser.
>
> The patch included adds a comparison predicate for buckets.
>
> Please test it and commit it if it is acceptable. It works fine here.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anders

Hej Anders, tack so mycket!

I applied your patch and just made a flight from EDDV to EDDW (with
--enable-real-weather-fetch) through several weather-zones (which I
could recognize by the changing cloud display).
First you cured the faulty behaviour with your patch :-). And the
weather interpolation seems to work very fine. I could only identify the
change between different METAR zones by the changing cloud textures -
the weather influence on the aircraft was very smooth (no sudden up-down
anymore) and I could hold my flightlevel by just changing the trim over
some time.

It seems FlightGear has made some further step to more realism with this
weather interpolation method.
A big thank you to all who made this possible, to the author (Stuart
Buchanan), Anders Gidenstam for the patch and all other who helped :-)

Regards
Georg EDDW