Am Donnerstag, den 16.08.2007, 22:54 +0200 schrieb AnMaster:

> I found this car very nice but I have a few problems with it:
> 1) Why not use normal throttle control?

I configured it this way because the car can be driven by the Toe brakes
of rudder pedals (if equipped), and with my first driving tests I found
it a bit annoying to first have to throttle down before braking.

To enable the normal throttle function, you just need to change line 29
of jeep-yasim.xml from:

<control-input axis="/controls/gear/brake-right" control="THROTTLE"/>

to:

<control-input axis="/controls/engines/engine[0]/throttle"
control="THROTTLE"/>

Since you are not the first one to ask this, I'll investigate a way to
switch throttle behaviour.

> 2) Why can't the car drive in the terrain around YBAS for example (I'm not
> sure what that kind of terrain is called in English, so I hope you can check
> at that airport, some kind of "bush land" I think). It drives fine in sand.

There is some terrain type to better avoid (like in real life). I think
it is because of the bumpiness. There is an area of this type at the end
of KSFO 28L (it always prevents me from driving onto the road to the
city). I have no fix for that now, but I'll be looking into it.

If you got caught, you can try to use time acceleration to dig yourself
back on safe terrain again (or have a friend pull you out ;-)).

Does anybody know where I can get the type of terrain I'm on?

Greetings

Detlef