Csaba Halász wrote:
> Note that literal string constants may be allocated in read-only
> data section, thus causing segmentation fault at runtime. Try
> calling your "foo" function passing a literal string,

What does this have to do with the discussion?  We are talking about
const pointers, not linker segments.  And in any case I already
mentioned (and dismissed) this possibility.  From three posts above:

I wrote:
> Are you maybe trying to say that plib is writing to a static string
> constant?  That would be a pretty serious bug if true, but as far as
> I can see it's not.

This flame war might be a whole lot more productive if people would
stop trying to show off about their C knowledge and trying harder to
figure out what the appropriate way to get plib to build under MSVC
is...

Andy