Hi,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 10:11:36PM +0200, AnMaster wrote:

> None of the deps seems to exist on gentoo. I can't find these in portage at
> all:
> asterix, libiaxclient, axclient (or under any other name I can think of)
> libgsm1
> portaudio is is only in version 18 not 19
>
> Could you maybe provide links the the websites for all of the deps so users of
> other distros can find them...

Ok, that's the problem with the VoIP-technology... it is highly
dependend on the audio architecture and it seems that some distros have
different interpretation of the usage of codecs.

I will checkout the libiaxclient and try to get a stripped donw version
running which will fit the usage for fgcom. Maybe this will solve my
problems biulding a static binary...

Regards, Holger

> /AnMaster
>
> Jon Stockill wrote:
> > Holger Wirtz wrote:
> >> Jon,
> >>
> >> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 10:38:42AM +0100, Jon Stockill wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> Thanks for feedback!
> >>
> >> I tried to get a static binary of fgcom but I failed with libiaxclient
> >> getting linked staticaly.
> >>
> >> I am not a good C programmer... maybe I should try to link against the
> >> static libgsm? How to do this?
> >
> > I have absolutely no idea - I'm not a programmer either.
> >
> > If you're not using any of the compressed voice codecs is it possible to
> > build libiaxclient without support for them? That'd significantly reduce
> > the number of dependencies.
> >
> > Jon

#####  #### ##  ##   Holger Wirtz         Phone : (+49 30) 884299-40
##  ## ##   ### ##   DFN-Verein           Fax   : (+49 30) 884299-70
##  ## #### ######   Stresemannstr. 78    E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
##  ## ##   ## ###   10963 Berlin
#####  ##   ##  ##   GERMANY              WWW   : http://www.dfn.de
GPG-Fingerprint: ABFA 1F51 DD8D 503C 85DC  0C51 E961 79E2 6685 9BCF