Hi,

This is a revival of the old thread "small bug in YASim-gears". I'm
trying to improve the static gear friction using the damped spring (1 cm
length) around a "stuck" point method cited by Andy Ross. The patch is
already in the works and somewhat functional, but I could use some help
in the following special cases:
- The carrier is the bigger problem, I don't know how to make the stuck
point follow the carrier movement. Can I get the carrier position and
orientation from the ground cache?
- The brake needs to be improved as well. Should I consider that the
brake never locks the wheel? In the current patch, the wheel "locks"
when the brake is bigger than the static friction (both are in 0-1
range, right?) what is a crude simplification. This would make necessary
some change to the brake when its bound to a button or braking will get
very challenging :)
- Are the fields _ground_loadCapacity and _ground_loadResistance of the
Gear class relevant to the gear friction? How should I interpret them?

Regards,

Diogo.