Thanks for the info. I successfully compiled. Now when I run fgfs, I get the
following error:

  Model Author:  Unknown
  Creation Date: 2002-01-01
  Version:       $Id: c172p.xml,v 1.18 2007-01-15 12:50:45 ehofman Exp $
Audio initialization failed!
   Could not change the current ALC context
Failed to load wav file:
 at The operation was invalid in the current ALUT state
[...]
freeglut (fgfs): Failed to create cursor
freeglut  ERROR:  Function <glutSetCursor> called without first calling
'glutInit'.

The platform is still FC5