There isn't a names.hxx in that directory?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/31/07 02:30pm >>>
If the CVS checkout went ok, you should have names.hxx in that same
directory that is failing:

/home/user/flightgear/TerraGear/src/Lib/Polygon/names.hxx

If that file is there, then maybe check permissions?

You compile command line includes "-I." so your compiler should have no
problems with #include "names.hxx" if it is actually there in that same
directory.

Regards,

Curt.

On 10/31/07, will Pink  wrote:

> I had a look for error messages on google but could not find anything that
> I could relate to,
>
> With your advice I installed the CVS version and configured it and tried
> to compile but it produced the following errors  I did have a look on google
> but I couldn't make any sense of it!
>
> here it is
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/user/flightgear/TerraGear/src/Lib/Output'
> Making all in Polygon
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/user/flightgear/TerraGear/src/Lib/Polygon'
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/Include -I../../../src
> -I../../../src/Lib    -g -O2 -MT chop-bin.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/chop-bin.Tpo-c
> -o
> chop-bin.o chop-bin.cxx
> chop-bin.cxx:43:21: error: names.hxx: No such file or directory
> chop.hxx:36: error: 'AreaType' has not been declared
> chop.hxx:44: error: 'AreaType' has not been declared
> chop-bin.cxx:48: error: 'AreaType' has not been declared
> chop-bin.cxx: In function 'void clip_and_write_poly(std::string, long int,
> int, SGBucket, const TGPolygon&, bool)':
> chop-bin.cxx:120: error: 'get_area_name' was not declared in this scope
> chop-bin.cxx: At global scope:
> chop-bin.cxx:152: error: 'AreaType' has not been declared
> chop-bin.cxx:304: error: 'AreaType' has not been declared
> make[3]: *** [chop-bin.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/user/flightgear/TerraGear/src/Lib/Polygon'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/flightgear/TerraGear/src/Lib'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/flightgear/TerraGear/src'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Thanks for the help im very new when it comes to this sort of thing, I
> don't usally have any problems compiling programs only configuring when it
> requires a dependencey!
>
> /w

> * will Pink -- Wednesday 31 October 2007:
> > coverage.hxx:54: error: extra qualification 'VpfCoverage::' on \
> > member 'VpfCoverage'
>
> > Im a bit stuck as im not sure what the error messages correspond
> > to in the code in coverage.hxx!
>
> coverage.hxx:54 in your version contains:
>
>     VpfCoverage::VpfCoverage (const VpfCoverage &coverage);
>
> ... and gcc complains that there's a "VpfCoverage::" too much
> ("extra"). And the solution is: remove that!  :-)
>
> The bug is fixed in CVS since a while. Using CVS versions of
> TerraGear, SimGear, and FlightGear is quite safe. They are
> almost always better than the respective last releases, both
> in features *and* stability.
>
> BTW: Google would have told you in the first few hits what that
> error message is about and how to fix it:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22error%3A+extra+qualification
> It's just that gcc has become more pedantic over its last releases.
>
> m.

Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/
Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d