On Thursday 29 November 2007 21:55, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Hey,
>
> * BARANGER Emmanuel -- Thursday 29 November 2007:
> > > Also, file names with spaces in them are garbage. There should
> > > be none of those in CVS.
> >
> > AAAHHHRRGGG ! The suprises CVS files which do not for the drive :(
> > I erased now. Sorry.
>
> No problem. Not a big one, anyway. I'm happy about every new, great
> aircraft. (Especially the AlouetteII -- we've had some of them in
> our army, too, -- or the BV141).
>
> It's only natural that we use more disk space with every new one,
> but we have to make sure that we don't just waste it. Compressing
> textures is one thing to consider, not committing unnecessary
> files is another, such as *.bak, *.blend, *~ files. Or a few
> of those:   :-}
>
>   $ l SeaHawk* Models/SeaHawk-FGA6-WV859.ac
>     -rw-r--r-- 1 m m 1453387 2007-09-28 01:18
>     Models/SeaHawk-FGA6-WV859.ac
>     -rw------- 1 m m  707301 2003-04-21 22:29
>     Models/SeaHawk-WV908.ac
>     -rw------- 1 m m  113282 2003-01-03 17:58
>     Models/SeaHawk.3ds
>     -rw------- 1 m m  715739 2003-02-14 16:29
>     Models/SeaHawk.ac
>     -rw------- 1 m m  226548 2003-01-09 16:04
>     Models/SeaHawkpair.3ds
>
> m.

I'm pretty sure that the SeaHawk.ac, SeaHawk.3ds & SeaHawkpair.3ds can
be done away with right now.

I think Vivian is doing all his development on WV859 and I'd like to
keep WV908, if only as a placeholder and reminder, as it's the RNHF
aircraft - afaik it's currently the only flying example.  At some point
I'd like to refine the 3d model geometry and then unify the two
versions (perhaps it will only need different skins), incorporating all
the development that Vivian has done...

...or Vivian might decide to do it before I do :)

Ok with you Vivian?

LeeE