Ove Kaaven wrote:
> It's not just him being cranky about his own pet issues, it's
> about policy and the pursuit of high software standards.

High "standards" for software you (literally!) can't run?
Please.  This is pedantry and egotism at its worst.  I'm terribly
sorry my software isn't good enough for you, I really am.  But
you can either work with me to fix it or take potshots about
trivial build problems and "Heisenberg bugs" that can't actually
be exhibited.  You and Steve picked the latter.

> I think he already provided the requisite defines, though
> somewhat buried in his mail. Beyond that, perhaps this web page
> would be of interest:
> http://predef.sourceforge.net/prearch.html

No, someone needs to *run* this and *test* it on those
architectures.* I'm not going to commit blind changes to either
Nasal or SimGear.  Since you can't actually run the code you are
complaining about, someone needs to work with the command line
Nasal interpreter from http://plausible.org/nasal to do the test.

[* Something, I will point out yet again, that no one has done.
   Do either you or Steve have console access to a s390, Alpha, or
   PA-RISC box with 3D hardware?  Has *anyone* ever run the Debian
   fgfs binary on those architectures?]

And I'd very much prefer the gcc output I asked for to anything
that comes out of a single individual's brain.  This stuff is too
easy to get wrong, and it's literally one command to run.  Just
run it and send me the output.  Or don't, I guess.  Your call.

Andy