On Jan 21, 2008 12:27 PM, Gijs de Rooy wrote:

> Hi Cleber,
>
> Every pc will experience some lag when the MP-server is bussy.
> When there is a great number of pilots online the lag will be
> larger.
>
> There are periods that I've got about every 5 minutes a few
> seconds lag. The servers isn't calculated at this amount of
> pilots I think.

If you are talking about position lags and not frame rate lags, then  I
believe the MP server builds in about a 10 second buffer delay  to try to
prevent buffer starvation and show continuous motion on the client side.

Frame rate delays are typically caused by someone entering the MP system
requiring all the participant systems to load the corresponding 3d model.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/