Thanks for the processing chain.

I'll see if I find some time to look into this in the weekend. Lots of other
data processing (ant distributions, butterfly breathing, etc.) on the bench
already... :)

My main idea is not to develop a complicated model. I rather try to find some
complicated filtering in the hope, that the remaining data gives a simple
model that's better than the conservative setting. Given the raw data quality
in the metar everything else would be overkill regarding 'realism'.

On the other hand maybe aiming for 'geotypical' is better than 'georealistic'
(in a more general sense -> scenery, random objects.... )

Thomas