I've just run into another strange FG bug.

Climbing up through ~45000ft the frame-rate seems to start dropping
to very low rates.

While climbing up to ~45000ft I'm getting 35-40 fps but once the
problem starts it drops down to somewhere around 4-6 fps.  The
strange thing is that if I enable the fps display in the bottom
right hand corner, it's showing about 20-22 fps.

It's clear, from looking at various animations, or even just panning
the view to track the ground beneath the aircraft, that the actual
fps is closer to 4-6 fps, with distinct stepping or juddering,
regardless of the indicated fps.

Descending to lower altitudes doesn't stop the problem and doing a
rest doesn't work either - the splash screen gets displayed and
eventually, after a much longer time than usual, FG starts, but at
the same 4-6 fps.

It seems very odd that a reset doesn't fix it.

I haven't noticed the problem at low altitudes at all.

I don't think this is related to the 12 mile radius island effect,
or the polygon hole in the white sky either, although both are very
apparent at this altitude - the island effect is always there and
the hole in the white sky disappears again once you're below
~8000ft.

This is with plib-1.8.5, OSG-2.3.4 and current cvs SG & FG.

Is anyone specifically working on the 'island' and
hole-in-the-white-sky problems?  These, together with this new
45000ft problem are really quite serious bugs.

LeeE