Hi Lee

DETAILS WERE HERE

> On Thursday 20 March 2008 13:29, Innis Cunningham wrote:
>> Hi Lee
>>
>>> Hi Innis,
>>>
>>> first of all, I just noticed that your replies are including
>>> e-mail addresses - if they're not obfuscated in the mailing
>>> list archives they'll be harvested for spam.  Could you check
>>> your e-mailer settings to make sure they're not included in the
>>> body of the posting?
>>
>> I am not sure what you mean I use hotmail what are you seeing
>> that I should look into.
>
> That's odd.  This one has come through without the e-mail addresses
> in the body.  Have a look at your copies of this thread and check
> your sent folder to see if you can see them in your first reply to
> me, posted at 15:15 on 2008-03-19, then re-quoted in my reply back
> to you at 15:35 on 2008-03-19.  Then finally, it's all quoted again
> when you replied at 01:41 on 2008-03-20.
>
> Strange, but there's a reason for it somewhere.  Hasn't happened
> this time, so it's more of a curiosity than a problem.
Ok I think I know what you are talking about there should be nothing at the
top of the email were I put "details were here".I have always stripped
that information off when I reply but this time I was just lazy is it
supposed to be stripped off automaticly.I will keep that in mind in
future

>>> Re the sound problem - If you get an identical error, referring
>>> to exactly the same file, after removing the mkviii folder it
>>> implies to me that the mkviii relies upon code that's been
>>> built into FG and it's been done in such a way that it means
>>> that the FG code consequently requires the mkviii folder to
>>> run, even if it's not used.
>>
>> I have got my sound working now so I can hear the sounds as well
>> as see them playing but still FG bails out with the same error.
>> As this was a Ubuntu package that I installed I would have though
>> it would have worked.But does OpenAL need a 64 bit version to
>> work with a 64bit CPU.As I say I do not have this problem running
>> this same package on a 32bit machine
>>
>>> Therefore, you've got to fix your OpenAL, which is what Eric
>>> said.
>>>
>>> LeeE
>>
>> Thanks again for your help and let me know about the email
>> problem as I am no guru in this area.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Innis
>
> Heh:) - I'm no guru either.  Did you fix the sound by installing
> new/updated OpenAL packages?  If so, have you re-compiled
> everything to pick up the new packages?
No the onboard sound I have is usb audio(new to me)I had to
change some Ubuntu settings to make it work.As far as I can
tell I have the correct OpenAL package for the 32bit version of
of Ubuntu 7.10(gutsy)I am running.I guess I would have to
force install or build from source to use a different package.
I guess FG wont run if it does not OpenAL

> LeeE

Cheers
Innis