Hi!
On Sunday, April 20, 2008 Haluk Sevener wrote:

> All I want to do is just send the commands to a FlightGear instance
> over network with UDP, at the same time listening the properties of
> the aircraft over network by using the same protocol. In other words,
> I want to implement an external control mechanism.

    I have the same progrmme. It get from FlightGear terrain elevation and
send to FG airplane position, orientation, control deposition, etc. The only
difference is that I have to modify generic protocol for binary i/o.

> Anyway, I started the instances with the following
> commands:
>
> (master) fgfs --generic=socket,out,1000,127.0.0.1,7755,udp,udptest
> (slave) fgfs --generic=socket,in,1000,127.0.0.1,7755,udp,udptest

    Do you really run 2 FlightGear instances at a single PC at 1000Hz? Try
to run at 100Hz or less.
I think commans must be :
 (master) fgfs --generic=socket,out,100,127.0.0.1,7755,udp,udptest
 (slave) fgfs --generic=socket,in,100,,7755,udp,udptest  --fdm=external

You may try to change host from "127.0.0.1" to "localhost" on master
instance.
If you using firewall make sure to open port 7755. I really had this problem
with firewall.

    If this will not help, check udptest.xml as I have wrote. What is in
<input></input> tags.

With respect,
            Alex