Manfred Janßen wrote:
>  Hi Alexis,
>
>  it's not bounded to the A-10. The only think I wanna show is the
>  coverage of the radar of the aircraft, let me show you a simple
>  drawing:

Ok with the image that you sent me off list I understand.

You can add a visible shape in place of what could be the radar
vision cone like any other model.

You first need a scaled cone (you may use a smaller one and scale it
at run time*) this cone could be semi transparent. This has to be
done in blender or any modeling sofware and exported as .ac
I use AC3D (which is not free).

Then include your model inside the main aircraft model like we do
usually for 3d instruments.

Have a look at $DATA/Aircraft/A-10/Models/A-10-model.xml you will
find lot of instruments, your cone will be done the same way.

You can have more help on IRC irc.flightgear.org #flightgear

Greetings
Alexis

* this is another story but I'm sure you can :-)