First up, some arbitrary definitions.  Multi-instance means multiple
instances of flightgear running (on one machine or many).
Multi-camera is using what Tim is describing here.

I don't believe that multi-camera is exclusive of multi-instance.  But
for most users, a multi-camera setup will be cheaper (assuming you
have the slots on your motherboard).

Regards... Matthew

On 10/15/08, Erwan MAS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 08:59:52AM -0500, Curtis Olson wrote:
>> Hi Erwan,
>>
>> Tim's multiple view features are very powerful, and I'm amazed at how fast
>> things run on medium and even lower range hardware.
>>
>> Tim's updates support two major modes of operation.
>
> But this require that all screens are attached to the same computer .
>
> Currently i work with 2 computerq so i have 3 screens with only 1
> keyboard/mouse
> with SYNERGY ( see http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/ ) . Operating systems
> can
> be different .
>
> So the multi-instance mode for multiscreen is very simple to setup for me.
>
> My configuration is a laptop and a computer with 2 screens, and i dont need
> special
> hardware to play . I have a nvidia card with in xinerama mode .
>
> I think we must keep the another mode for multiscreen ( aka multi instance )
> .
>
> --

Sent from my mobile device