On jeudi 30 octobre 2008, Ralf Gerlich wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> The World Custom Scenery Project is proud to finally present the
> long-awaited bugfix release V1.0.1 of the World Scenery.
>
> The scenery can currently be downloaded at
> http://mapserver.flightgear.org/Scenery
>
> We suggest that mirror provides fetch the release from there.
>
> Be sure to also download the shared models collection from
> http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/download/SharedModels.tgz and unpack
> the archive in your FGROOT folder.
>
> Outline of this mail:
> - Contents of the scenery
> - Acknowledgements
> - Base data
> - Airport data proposal
>
> Contents of the scenery
> -----------------------
>
> In addition to the bugfix the release contains some very fine bits of
> custom scenery work, namely
>
> - 6 Caribbean islands plus Helgoland (John Holden, Christian Schmitt)
>
> - Revised ParisV2 scenario from
>     http://helijah.free.fr/flightgear/scenery/ParisV2/ParisV2.htm
>     (cleanup and import by Jon Stockill)
>
> - Taxiway signs at 6 airfields: KSFO, KBWI, KLVK, KRHV, TFFF, TJSJ
>
> - Major progress in crowding the Scenery with 3D models - by Alexis
>     Bory, Gijs de Rooy, Alex Park, Christian Schmitt, Hugo Devon , Paolo
>     Savini ....  just to name a few of the many involved contributors;
>
> Acknowledgements
> ----------------
>
> The scenery was built on a quad-processor machine in San Diego with
> access provided to us by John Graham of Telascience.
>
> Jon Stockill and Martin Spott maintain the static scenery objects
> database at http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/ and provided the
> adjustments of the elevations in the objects DB.
>
> Curt Olson provided us with valuable hints as a long-time scenery
> builder and TerraGear development.
>
> Special thanks go to John Holden and Christian Schmitt, who by their
> work on manual digitizing of Landsat imagery in the Caribbeans and at
> Helgoland have helped us pushing the envelope of custom scenery in the
> official scenery release. We sincerely hope that by this newfound
> experience more people will go this way of improving the data in the
> landcover database.
>
> Base data
> ---------
>
> The scenery was generated with terragear-cs, the Custom Scenery version
> of TerraGear, available at http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git.
>
> Except for the obvious cases listed above the following base data was used:
>
> - landcover and line data: VMAP0, as available on
>     http://mapserver.flightgear.org/
>
> - airport data (apt.dat): as included in FlightGear Release 1.0
>
> - elevation data: SRTM v2 3arcsec and 30arcsec data
>
> - static objects: current status of the FlightGear Static Scenery
>     Database (http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/) as of
>     29th of October 2008
>
> As apt.dat is distributed with the base package instead of the scenery
> [...]

I  have just downloaded and checked Honkong bay ( with VHHH )  which is again
right
I don't know if elsewhere  the coastline is right, since  i only looked at
Cote d' Azur  and Honkong bay ( my two preferred places) , however  the old
problems seems solved.

Congratulations.
Thanks for it.

Cheers

BTW: I noticed that the old Kai Tak Hong Kong Airport is still there which is
a nice idea.

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire