Anders Gidenstam wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Holger Wirtz wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to poll the positions of the FG clients on the MP servers for
>> real voice with fgcom3. I think I need to poll every 5 to 10 seconds for
>> every used frequency. Is that a kind of flooding of the server?
>
> Why for every used frequency? Once every 5 seconds is most likely no
> problem - I think the mpmap does that already (or maybe even each instance
> of it?)

This is an intance problem, too. Asterisk will start for every call to a
virtual frequency one coneference application. THis application has a
thread which polls the data from the MP server to calculate the
distances between the clients.

To put this function one stage above the conference module means to
patch Asterisk itself. That is not really portable and I think very
difficult...

Just a simple calculation:
If we have about 30 users at a time and about 15 users use fgcom3 on 5
frequencies which are polled every 5 second there will be a maximum of
60 polls a minute... for 20 different frequencies there will be 240
polls a minute.

Regards, Holger

--
+++NEUE ANSCHRIFT+++NEUE ANSCHRIFT+++NEUE ANSCHRIFT+++NEUE ANSCHRIFT+++

#####  #### ##  ##   Holger Wirtz         Phone : (+49 30) 884299-40
##  ## ##   ### ##   DFN-Verein           Fax   : (+49 30) 884299-70
##  ## #### ######   Alexanderplatz 1     E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
##  ## ##   ## ###   10178 Berlin
#####  ##   ##  ##   GERMANY              WWW   : http://www.dfn.de
GPG-Fingerprint: ABFA 1F51 DD8D 503C 85DC  0C51 E961 79E2 6685 9BCF