On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 22:52:47 +0100, Durk wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Thursday 04 December 2008 14:42:02 Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:20:51 -0000, Gordon (UK) wrote in message
> >

> > > Now, I'm working in Visual Studio. However, how the devil do I
> > > set up
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ $ apt-cache show ccache distcc
>
> [ Lots of uninformative text deleted ]
>
> > Depends: libc6 (>= 2.7-1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
>
> Did you notice that Gordon was asking for advice on how to prevent
> excessive compilation using Microsoft visual studio?

..no, no mention of Microsoft, devilishly implied thing.
Microsoft Visual Studio cannot do ccache or distcc style
tricks to quit do the excessive compilations?

> That clearly leaves any unix related solution out of the equation.

..can it do cross compiles, or control remote or guest os compiles?

> As such, this answer was not particularly helpful.

..ok, I was hoping these, would be the useful signal bits:
> > Package: ccache
> > Maintainer: Francois Marier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >  ccache is a compiler cache. It speeds up re-compilation of C/C++
> > code by caching previous compiles and detecting when the same
> > compile is being done again.
> > Homepage: http://ccache.samba.org
> >
> > Package: distcc
> > Maintainer: Carsten Wolff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > is a program to distribute compilation of C or C++ code across
> > several machines on a network. distcc should always generate the
> > same results as a local compile, is simple to install and use, and
> > is often significantly faster than a local compile.  distcc does
> > not require all machines to share a filesystem, have synchronized
> > clocks, or to have the same libraries or header files installed. .
> >  http://distcc.samba.org/

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: