Hi guys --

This was just posted on the forums about a half-hour ago, and I wanted to pass
it along to the devel list in case it helped to shed light on one of the
commonly reported bugs in 1.9.

====================

Re: Big Black Box
by cj chitwood on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 pm
Alright...  So...

downloaded from CVS SimGear 1.9.0 and FlightGear Source 1.9.0 and Data
1.9.0. Took a long time, to say the least. I didn't realize when I
started Data that I was downloading every available airplane. But no
bother, saves me the trouble later on.

I start it up, and there's the box.  Ah, but wait, we now can browse the
properties.

File, Browse Internal Properties (or hit "/").
Go to sim/rendering/camera-group
Select "near-field" and make it "0" (zero).  Hit set, close property browser,
black box is gone.

Problem
is, if you reset the scenario, you have to do this all over again. I
think I recall being able to set properties in the .fgfsrc file, and if
so, no prob. Otherwise, this would get annoying for e.g. chopper
practice.

Question for the developers: What is the
purpose of having "two cameras" as I've read it called? Why have one
near and one far renderer? I'm curious, not complaining...

thanks,

CJ

Cheers,
-R.

 Robert M. Shearman, Jr.
Transit Operations Supervisor,
University of Maryland Department of Transportation
also known as rm...@umd.edu