LeeE wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009, Torsten Dreyer wrote:
>>> Pretend Curt is in a meeting and he's given 30 seconds to
>>> explain the property system to smart people who have never seen
>>> this concept before. I've just burned my first 15 seconds with
>>> "Ummmm, errrrr, It's like ...., you know ...."  Now all these
>>> smart people are scowling.  Now what!?!
>> I'd try this:
>> The property system - or property tree - represents the internal
>> state of all systems within FlightGear, like the flight dynamics
>> model. The content of these internal state variables are
>> presented in a hierarchically manner and can easily be accessed
>> through a well known API.

Some things I'd add:
Naming a property is very much like naming a file in a file system,
with levels of hierarchy.

The property tree maps very nicely to XML. This is convenient for
initializing the property tree and saving its state.

Values in the tree are typed, but they can also be untyped strings which
will be converted to a typed value when read.

Tim