Hi all,

This patch has been sitting in my source tree since 2007.
It still works, so if there is any interest in being able to handle
generic binary input protocols in FlightGear..

http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/HeadTracking/FlightGear/generic_binary_input_protocol.new.diff

It is part of my headtracking experiment, see
http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/Headtracking
Which also still work (sort of :), although the development of ARToolKit
seems to have stagnated.

Cheers,

Anders

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Anders Gidenstam wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Anders Gidenstam wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm experimenting with head tracking and to get the data into FlightGear I
>> want FlightGear to read a stream of binary UDP packets using the generic
>> protocol capability. Since it currently only support binary protocols for
>> output, I implemented some minimal support for binary input protocols.
>
> My current update to src/Network/generic.cxx adds
> - Selectable byte order for binary input/output.
> - Binary input of fixed length records.
> - FG_FIXED 32 bit fixed point data type. Format 16.16 bits.
> which meets my needs for the head tracking.
>
> I have put a patch and my example protocol here:
>
> http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/HeadTracking/FlightGear/
>
> Any comments or suggestions?
>
> Could this be committed?
Anders Gidenstam