Hi francesco,

francesco wrote :
> Hi, why don't you make a page on the wiki about this script ? I have
> done this one:
> http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Scripted_Compilation_on_Linux_Debian/Ubuntu
This is a nice idea, I'll do that too. BTW your script is one of the two
scripts I've seen around (with ./makefg from Geoff), and I've already
talked about it in the French community for helping some people (Ubuntu
"real" newbies)

> In next few days I will check you script out :-)

please let me know your suggestions/thoughts, and feel free to reuse
some ideas in it if you find them useful.

>> [...] There is a "problem" here as I've never found the way
>> to avoid the CVS password entry by hand (I've tried all I could do with
>> pipes and redirections without any success :/)
>>

> look inside my script, it does it, both for cvs and svn without any
> password or login request.
Unfortunately I think it works on your system with
download_and_compile.sh because you have already downloaded the sources
from the repo, so you have the file $HOME/.cvspass already containing
the passwords, cvs just reuse it. If you rename or delete this file, cvs
login command will ask you for a password then.

> Cheers
> Francesco

regards
seb