On samedi 01 août 2009, Heiko Schulz wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> Today I got sad news: Georg Vollnhals, also known as Heliflyer, passed away
> last month. Heliflyer was very involved with the Project FlightGear. He was
> very keen on making sceneries; he also programmed one of the first tools
> for FGFS, so it was now much easier to use FGFS and develope sceneries with
> AI-stuff. He was always there with advice and help, and it was him, who
> showed me the way into the Project FGFS and helped where he could. The
> current Eurocopter Ec135 and the upcoming BK117 was only possible with the
> help of helilyer, as he made high-resolution photos of the exterior and
> interior. He loved helis, and so he had the right job: beeing a emergency
> doctor on two rescue helicopters in EDDW, not far away from the north sea.
> I wish all the best for his wife and his kids
> Rest in Peace
> Heiko
> The Ec135 and the BK117 will be dedicated to Heliflyer
>  still in work: http://www.hoerbird.net/galerie.html
> But already done: http://www.hoerbird.net/reisen.html

Sad, very sad news.
I had myself some private mails with him, the last was in March when he told
me that he was in  bad health-situation, however he was feeling better.
We had some nice talk about helicoptere.
I will keep many good souvenirs.
<<<<He will missed me>>>>
"argh crazy french langage"
I will missed him.

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire